Stop dreaming about your bucket list, tie your laces up and start living it! Many travelers find it difficult to choose a perfect travel destination in a large, multicultural country like India that is home to plenty of wonderful places in the world. India is perhaps the most diverse country you will find in this world. There are some popular holiday destinations like Kashmir, the wettest place on earth – Cherrapunji, snow-capped Himalayan ranges, which are the coldest places, and the Thar Desert, which is one of the driest places on Earth. Also, more than half of the Indian border is home to beautiful beaches. Combine all this with different cultures and hundreds of Languages – you will get a powerful mix of beauty and diversity.
India is the seventh-largest country in the world. It has more than a billion people divided into two thousand ethnic groups and 200 different languages. What are the best travel destinations in India? Most of the time, it depends on your preference. However, some tourist destinations in India are always more popular than others. Among the huge list of holiday destinations, there is always confusion about choosing the best place to visit in India. All right! We alleviate this problem and present a list of the top 10 destinations in India for all types of travelers.
1. Delhi for its history and food: As the capital of India, Delhi is an amazing blend of cultural diversity and has everything from rich history to delicious food. It is a city built on top of the cities, with beautiful ancient artifacts and monuments from various eras. As one of the busiest cities in the country, Delhi is also known as India’s culinary capital. While in Delhi, you should not miss out on trying Delhi’s famous food at a local restaurant or a street stall. Take a trip to Old Delhi for its captivating history, culture, and food delicacies, and have the most enriching experience of your life.
2) Agra for one of the Seven Wonders of the World: Agra is the home to India’s most attractive Taj Mahal and a part of the famous Golden Triangle, making it one of the most visited cities in India. The magnificent Taj Mahal, built by the fifth ruler of the Mughal Empire Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, is regarded as a symbol of love and is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Every year, millions of visitors come to admire this magnificent monument for the exciting story behind it. Famous guests include Princess Diana, Hillary Clinton, and Mark Zuckerberg.
3) Rajasthan for extravagant forts and palaces: Meaning “Land of Kings”, this north Indian state of Rajasthan is the most colorful in the country and has the most Instagram-worthy locations in India. It amazes visitors with its magnificent castles and palaces built by the Rajputs hundreds of years ago. Many palaces and castles have been converted into magnificent hotels and museums also. Jaipur, the capital city is also known as “The Pink City” because of its pink walls and buildings of the old city. If you are interested, you can spend days in Rajasthan exploring its heritage sites such as City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Amber Fort, Nahargarh Fort, and Jantar Mantar, some well-maintained tourist attractions.
4) Goa for being the forever party paradise: Located on the west coast, India’s smallest province Goa has a beautiful coastline along the Arabian Sea. It was a Portuguese colony before 1961 and has well-preserved colonial buildings. The great scenery of Goa with its delightful beaches is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. Go to Anjuna to enjoy the pleasures of the hippie market and buy a gift for your loved ones to remember forever. One of the favorite destinations for party lovers, Goa is not to be missed in the list of holiday destinations in India. Being a top favorite of people who like to spend their holidays in a vibrant area, Goa can never be out of trend.
5) Darjeeling for being a great holiday spot for children: With a spectacular view of Mount Kanchenjunga in the background, Darjeeling is considered to be one of the best holiday destinations in India. From visiting the beautiful monasteries to boarding a toy train, there are many fascinating things you can do on your family trip to Darjeeling. Trust us, you can never run out of the tourist attractions in Darjeeling. If you are a foodie or not, you must try local food in Darjeeling at some good old restaurants and you won’t regret it.
6) Gujarat’s Rann of Kutch for its traditional village life: India’s vast white desert, Rann of Kitch in Gujarat is one of the most beautiful places to visit in India. Spread over an area of 2,500 square miles [7,500 sq km], the Rann of Kutch is the only one of its kind in India. This place in Gujarat is the most beautifully alive during the annual Rann Utsav with art, culture, delicious food, live music, and amazing camel safaris that you can enjoy. Adding to the beauty of this unforgettable trip are the traditional Bhungas or circular houses with rounded roofs in the nearby villages of Hodka and Dhordo that will give you an actual feel of rural life.
7) Manali for its natural beauty: Whenever you are overwhelmed with the hot summer of India, the best place to visit is a hill station like Manali. Manali is one of the best hill stations you can visit to have fun and gala time with your loved ones. The snow capped mountains, the cool breeze, and the lush vegetation of the area make Manali a pleasant place to spend your holidays at.
8) Ladakh for the adventure and mysterious fun: Without a doubt, Ladakh is one of the most popular tourist destinations. People from all over the world visit this place to enjoy the beautiful scenery and locations here. If you are looking for a place with beautiful weather conditions, you should visit Ladakh during the summer. The Blue lakes, the biking adventures, and lots of fun and adventurous sports make Ladakh a perfect package for the whole family.
9) Mahabaleshwar for its amazing weather: If you are looking for a travel destination that is both fun and fit to visit in all seasons, your search ends right here. Mahabaleshwar is one of the few places that tourists can visit in any season to enjoy some fun times with their loved ones and friends. The cool nature, amusement parks, and relaxing surroundings make for a perfect escape during Indian summer times.
10) Dharamshala to feel a piece of Tibet: Dharamshala is a beautiful piece of Tibet in Himachal Pradesh and it is also the home to the legendary Dalai Lama. Besides this, Dharamshala has a lot more to offer the travel junkies – you can trek, hang-glide, camp, or go for a motorcycle tour. This is one of the best places to visit in India, especially if you want to escape to a naturally beautiful destination with a lot of fun sports to spend a memorable time with your loved ones.
Planning a holiday for your family and friends anytime soon? All these best family vacation destinations in India should be at the top of your list! You can visit these places with your family and friends to create lifelong memories that are hard to forget. The beauty of these places speaks for itself and confirms the real reason for the popularity of these beautiful holiday destinations in India. Trust us, these best family holiday destinations in India will be edged to your heart forever. What are you waiting for? Hurry up! Make the bookings, pack your bags, and shed some load out of your bucket list. Those who decide to travel anytime soon are strongly encouraged to consider state and central government regulations and take all safety measures related to COVID-19 before traveling. Let us know which of the following places you are planning to visit next, or if you have already been at any, let us know what you liked the most about that place. We’d love to hear from you.