Why is Fool’s Day even celebrated?
If you’ve landed on this page just because you had this sudden itch to find the answer to the above question, then we applaud your inquisitiveness. We too were curious about this, for lack of anything else to do with our lives on a Monday evening, and decided to search for it online. The result, however, wasn’t as gossipy as we may have liked. In 1582, France decided to shift from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar. This meant that France, or whoever took this decision on behalf of all French people, shifted their new year from April to January. The news of this change took a long time to spread across France and a lot of people still continued to celebrate the New Year in April. They were jeered and called fools by others. And hence, April Fool’s Day was created.
The only interesting part about the story is that this tradition started over 500 years ago! And online gifting companies like Oye Happy have ensured that the tradition is kept alive and fools continue to be celebrated. So we have decided to make something productive out of this Monday evening and create a guide on amazing prank gifts to celebrate April Fool’s Day with.
26 Funny April Fool’s Day Gifts for Adults. By Adults (sort of).
1. Glitter Bomb – Unlike the name, this gift doesn’t explode. Or does it? This includes a small cartridge stuffed with lots and lots of glitter. The moment it’s opened; the recipient will be showered with so much glitter that it will take weeks to clear it out. If you’re thinking what we’ve already thought, then your boss is the first person who deserves this.
2. Fake Lizard – or a real lizard skilfully kidnapped, made unconscious with drug overdose and carefully hidden inside your mom’s handbag.
3. Pet Rock – Know someone who loves petting dogs but is too lazy or irresponsible to actually buy one? Treat them on the 1st of April with a pet rock. Just pick a rock off the streets, put 2 googly eyes on it, put it in a nice basket and leave it outside their door with an adoption note.
4. Photo Frames Prank – Are you happily married and feel like ruffling a few feathers on April Fool’s Day? Print pictures of random couples on the internet and quietly replace all the photos in the photo frames. Now wait and see how long it takes before your spouse finds out. If he/she doesn’t notice for over a month, then you need to seriously question your marriage (and take him/her for an eye test)
5. Infinity Boxes Prank – There’s nothing more exciting than opening a gift ordered randomly for you. So gift wrap a HUGE box and leave it outside your loved one’s home. When unwrapped, it reveals another box inside. Then another. Then another. And the infinity loop continues till the last and the final box which comprises a tiny note with the message – “It’s the thought that counts. Happy April Fool’s Day.”
6. A Funny Legal Notice – No one ignores a legal notice. Except toddlers who are too young to read. They’ll probably chew the notice and spit it out. Anyway, buy an actual court paper and print a legal notice convicting them of a crime. You can make the crime an amusing one such as ‘You’ve been convicted of stealing my heart’ to avoid any panic attacks to the recipient.
7. Repair Signs – Isn’t it annoying to see ‘Bathroom under repair, please don’t use’ sign at a mall or in the airport. Make someone suffer the ordeal in their own house by setting up signs all around the house. From ‘Mirror under repair, don’t trust what you see’ to ‘Wet floor, don’t take a shower,’ you can put hilarious signs all across the house and take a crack at everyone.
8. The treasure hunt prank – Some April Fool’s prank ideas are best explained with images. Check this out -https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/544443042434789018/
9. The Mistyped Love Letter – Everyone loves love letters. Write a heartfelt letter to your spouse and hide it under her pillow. However, instead of addressing it to her, write your ex’s name instead. PS – The consequences of this April Fool’s prank is subject to market risks. Please read the content carefully before taking decisions.
10. The Pet Disappearance Act – So here’s how this works. Hide your loved one’s pet and send home an extortion letter. Even better, leave behind a letter on behalf of the let saying how it has left in search of a new and a better home. They will definitely be caught by surprise, if you aren’t caught by the cops first.
11. Fake Power Outlet Sticker – Put in a bar or at an airport, take out your phone and record hilarious instances of people struggling to plug their chargers straight through the wall. Here’s where you can buy it – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XR4SD1V?tag=bfmal-20&ascsubtag=4772651%2C22%2C30%2Cd%2C0%2C0%2Cgoogle%2C901%3A2%3B900%3A2%3B974%3A1%3B975%3A2%2C443724%2C0
12. Being Dexter – Reach your office earlier than everyone else, make an outline of a body on the floor, secure the perimeter with yellow tape, and escape the crime scene. *Guffaws*
13. April Fool Brown Es – No, we are not going to ask you to add salt (or coke) instead of sugar to the brownies. We aren’t immature either. Instead, here’s what you can do. Brown E’s anyone? – https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/544443042434788997/
14. The shower prank – For the direct descendants of Satan, here’s the ultimate prank (or attempt to murder) idea for April Fool’s Day. https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/544443042434788969/
15. Mother Bug-ger – No matter how old you grow, fake bugs will never go out of fashion. Have we mentioned the dead lizard prank already? How about this. https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/544443042434788914/
16. Talking Toilet Paper Spindle – An idea so bizarre, it can give the final season of Game of Thrones a run for its money. You must at least check it out. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G82KI6?tag=bfmal-20&ascsubtag=4772651%2C25%2C30%2Cd%2C0%2C0%2Cgoogle%2C901%3A2%3B900%3A2%3B974%3A1%3B975%3A2%2C443738%2C0
17. Party Pooper – Personally, we aren’t big fans. But if this prank is pulled off in your boss’s washroom, then it is definitely worth considering.
18. The water prank – If you pull this prank on a lazy person, they’ll probably refrain from touching the glass for years. Also, if you have butter fingers, then you should refrain from giving it a shot. Try water balloons on the face instead from a 3-meter distance.
19. Papad under the bed sheet – If you’ve watched Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, you know exactly what we are talking about. If you haven’t watched it yet, then watch the movie and read this blog again.
20. King Joffrey Mug – Few things in life have been as satisfying as watching King Joffrey die in Game of Thrones. Now we are certainly not recommending you poison someone and call it a harmless April Fool’s Wrong gone wrong. You, however, can take a permanent marker pen and do this. PS: Don’t use a sketch pen or all you’ll simply end up adding an extra flavour to someone’s black coffee.
21. Personalized Newspaper – If you’re rich and loaded, you can put an actual ad on an actual newspaper about a missing monkey and put a picture of your loved one as reference. If you’re as poor as the rest of us, you can simply design one yourself, take a print and leave it on the dining table for your loved one to find.
22. Release the dinosaurs – Another one of those ideas which are better explained with an image – https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/68737219438/
23. Box of Good Intentions – It is one of Oye Happy’s most popular April Fool’s prank gifts. If it’s the thought that counts, then give a box of good thoughts packed with a few really bizarre gag gifts that are only relevant on April Fool’s Day.
24. The Miracle Box – Rub salt on a virgin’s wound with this miracle box. Some may call it a really funny prank gift. For some, it may become the first talking point in a future therapy session.
25. Wishes by Strangers – Get 10 random people to call your loved one and wish him/ her a very Happy April Fool’s Day. Online gifting companies like Oye Happy are crazy enough to offer this as a service (for a small fee, of course).
26. Box of Insults – This box is exactly what it sounds like. Our most sarcastic Happiness Scientists have painstakingly written the choicest of insults to throw at someone like a wrecking ball.